Friday, October 5, 2007

Fish Lake/Emery Trip Part 2

Mom took pictures of our trip to Emery too and I thought I would share a few. Wyatt wasn't cold, but I needed my winter coat when we were moving along. It was hard to pack coats when it was so hot here, but I am glad that we did. It is so fun to have Mom well and able to go along. It was a very fun trip. Look how thick the mud was on the bikes and it had that nasty Emery alkaline. The roads were so washed out that Wyatt had to go ahead sometimes and find us a way around the wash outs. This is some tall shrubs that we had to drive through to find way back to the road. But the views were worth all the trouble. It rained all night and there was still water washing down through the desert. Some of the formations looked polka dotted from the rain. I think some must have been rock and some dirt to make that pattern? Another fun "road"! This coat actually used to be Wyatt's, but I have inherited it. It was hunting season, but I don't think there is any danger of being mistaken for deer. The whole mountain sparkled, I can't remember what kind of rock it was, but we brought some home. This is Mom and I the first day when the rain clouds chaised us home from our trip up to Fish Lake. It was pretty cold that day but the air smelt fabulous.
Here are some of those clouds that were chaising us. The leaves had changed a little farther up, but they were still green here. Grandpa and Grandma had a fun time too, they are hooked I think! Sometimes it was hard to decide what was wash and what was road. We saw this at the ATV shop in Richfield. Cool huh? They said it shoots T-shirts and has a sound system that can be heard clear at the top of the ski resorts. Bryan, didn't you say you wanted to buy a side by side? It has 4 seats, what do you think, cool?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Very COol Pictures! Makes me feel chilly just lookin' at them!

I don't know about Bryan...but I think that last picture looks like a fun ride. Kids in the back...us in the front and off we go! ;)

Love ya, Em

P.S. That hot pink coat looks cute on you!!